A well-maintained Animal House Facility is available at NETES Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, Mirza for the teaching, training and research purpose and to meet the growing demand for high quality laboratory animals in emergent field of experimental Pharmacology. Trained qualified veterinarian and technical personnel are always at hand to carry out research and keep it in accordance with the standards established by the Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA). The CPCSEA approved the facility for small animal Research for Education purpose.
- The Institute has a modern animal house facility approved by CPCSEA (Reg. No. -1996/PO/Re/S/17/CPCSEA)
- The Institute has Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (IAEC) who holds meeting for the approval of use of the animal for research and project propose.
- The animal experiments are carried out as per standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- The Animal House Facility maintains documentation records regarding the use of animals as per the standard requirement of CPCSEA.
- Separate quarantine facility available to make the animal free from stress
- Each room is ventilated and the environment is kept under control with temperature (23±3°C), relative humidity (60±10 %), 12:12 h light and dark cycle as per CPCSEA guidelines.
Animal Species: Rat, Mice, Guinea pig, Rabbit.
- To monitor and inspect the housing of animals and ensure that it is as per specified standards.
- To regulate experiments on animals as per stipulated conditions and standards.
- To ensure that experiments on animals are avoided whenever it is possible to do so and propagate the principles of 3Rs (Replacement, Reduction and Refinement).
- To promote up gradation of procedure and skill enhancement & regular training for students.
- To ensure that experiments on larger animals are avoided when it is possible to achieve the same results by experiments upon smaller animals.
- To ensure that proper records are maintained with respect to experiments performed on animals.
- To ensure that animals intended for performing experiments are properly cared before and after experiments.
- To organize in-house training programs for students, without any previous experience of animal handling, to ensure the welfare of animal and quality research.
Applications are invited from the Research scholars of various Institutes to carry out the animal study part of their project work at the state-of-the-art Animal house facility of NIPS-Mirza at a very nominal rate. For any query, please contact the following phone number,
M: +91 95477 10224.
Animal House Caretaker: Mr. Jitesh
- Dr. Bhargab Jyoti Sahariah, Principal, Chairperson
- Dr. Apurba Talukdar
- Mr. Lakshyajeet Nath